Automaton is looking for a talented Graduate Software Engineer to join our core engineering team. Working closely with all members of the studio, you will make key contributions to our exciting unannounced projects. We're looking to hear from capable engineers who demonstrate a strong passion for both gaming and software development. You should be excited to take ownership of technical projects whilst working closely with designers and other engineers to create elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Implement and iterate on gameplay systems that provide engaging experiences for our players.
- Contribute to the implementation of our platform for deploying and operating backend services.
- Develop and maintain in-house tools that assist other disciplines within our studio.
- Help identify and resolve potential issues in the development pipeline.
- Create and maintain high quality software documentation.
- Regularly switch between multiple projects written in different programming languages.
- Assist in playthroughs and testing to discover issues and provide feedback on any improvements that could be made.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant engineering/scientific subject.
- Demonstrable experience in one or more modern programming languages.
- An understanding of mathematical methods to A-level (or equivalent) standard, including Newtonian mechanics, calculus and linear algebra.
- Willingness to relocate to Cambridge, UK.
- Experience programming in C#, C++ and/or Java.
- Experience writing in scripting languages (Python, Shell Scripting).
- Experience with version control (e.g. Git).
- Familiarity with any database technology (e.g. MySQL, Cassandra, Spark, CouchDB).
- Experience with project management software (e.g. Jira).
- Proficiency with multiple Operating Systems.
- Knowledge in rendering pipelines and writing high-performance graphics code.
- Cover Letter (optional)
- Link to personal projects/GitHub account
We are a young and ambitious team that believes all rules, processes and procedures can be questioned. We value freedom, transparency and responsibility. Our environment rewards and empowers talent to produce great work with large product-based bonuses on top of our competitive salaries.
We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance including corporate gym membership, private medical insurance, flexible working hours, fully stocked fridges, and regular company outings and office socials. Our focus is finding people that have something exceptional to offer and we’re committed to the long-term development and investment of all our staff. If this resonates with you, apply today!