Automaton is looking for a talented visual effects artist to join their art team.
- Work with the art and design team on all visual effect aspects of game development including game play specific tasks.
- Deliver high quality, realistic particle effects.
- Create a range of different effects based on real-world phenomena such as fire, smoke, destruction etc.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to take direction effectively.
- Ability to balance technical, gameplay and artistic constraints, and are able to work collaboratively on reaching a solution between disciplines.
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy but are also comfortable giving and receiving feedback.
- Proficient in Photoshop and 3DS Maya/Max.
- Knowledge of After Effects and Houdini.
- Game industry experience preferred but not necessary. Skills and experience of delivery throughout all areas of the development cycle is a huge plus.
- Scripting ability is a bonus.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, group pension plan, life assurance and travel insurance.
- 30 days paid holiday.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Gym Membership.
Apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posted on: 20 Aug 2018
Closing date: 1 Mar 2019