Technical QA Engineer
Automaton is seeking a Technical QA Engineer to join an expanding AAA studio in 2018. The Technical QA Analyst role will be responsible for ensuring quality excellence by contributing technical expertise both within the software development cycle and during playtests. The Technical QA Analyst will know what scenarios are required to fully test changes as well as the format of the supporting data for each scenario.
- Create, implement and manage efficient testing processes.
- Play test new updates and content to identify, document and report bugs.
- Listen to community feedback and ensure all reported bugs are tested and acknowledged.
- Take ownership of bugs ensuring they're correctly tracked and prioritized, and following them through from discovery to being pushed to live.
- Provide actionable feedback, communicating how effectively a change does or doesn't accomplish a specific goal.
- Actively participate in daily stand-ups to relay the current QA status.
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Strong technical ability– ability to troubleshoot effectively in a technical/PC/Gamer support environment.
- A comprehensive understanding of game design systems, interactions and dynamics.
- Experience in JIRA or similar ticket management system.
- Ability to manage his / her own time effectively to evaluate and prioritize daily tasks.
- A meticulous attention to detail and an eye for details others don't always see.
- Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK as we do not currently support visa applicants.
- Game / Web / Software QA and / or development experience.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, group pension plan, life assurance and travel insurance.
- 30 days paid holiday.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Gym Membership.
Apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posted on: 1 Jan 2018
Closing date: 1 Mar 2019