Automaton is looking for talented Software Engineers to join our core engineering team. Engineers at Automaton are tasked with finding solutions for a wide variety of core technical problems. Our engineers contribute to all Automaton projects including the highly anticipated MMO shooter Mavericks as well as other unannounced projects. Successful applicants are highly capable engineers who demonstrate a strong passion for both gaming and software development.
- Implement and iterate on optimized systems that provide engaging experiences for our playerbase.
- Tackle a wide variety of unrivaled challenges that come along with a live product.
- Code review.
- Debug, investigate, and implement features into existing large, complex codebases.
- Identify, debug, and resolve potential issues in the development pipeline.
- Be a part of our engineering scrum team, taking part in planning and daily standups.
- Assist in playthroughs and provide feedback on improvements that could be made.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience in many programming languages and paradigms, including C++.
- A solid understanding of mathematical principles relevant to games development.
- Experience with version control (e.g. Git).
- Experience working as a part of an agile team.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, group pension plan, life assurance and travel insurance.
- 30 days paid holiday.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Gym Membership.
Apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posted on: 20 Jul 2018
Closing date: 1 Mar 2019