Automaton is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our core engineering team. Working closely with all members of the studio, you will make key contributions to both our recently announced multiplayer survival-combat game as well as our other exciting unannounced projects. We're looking to hear from capable engineers who demonstrate a strong passion for both gaming and software development. You should be excited to take ownership of technical projects whilst working closely with designers and other engineers to create elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Implement and iterate on gameplay systems that provide engaging experiences for our players.
- Contribute to the implementation of our platform for deploying and operating backend services.
- Develop and maintain in-house tools that assist other disciplines within our studio.
- Help identify and resolve potential issues in the development pipeline.
- Create and maintain high quality software documentation.
- Regularly switch between multiple projects written in different programming languages.
- Assist in playthroughs and testing to discover issues and provide feedback on any improvements that could be made.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Demonstrable experience in one or more modern programming languages.
- An understanding of mathematical methods to A-level (or equivalent) standard, including Newtonian mechanics, calculus and linear algebra.
- Willingness to relocate to Cambridge, UK.
- Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK as we do not currently support visa applicants.
- Experience programming in C#, C++ and/or Java.
- Experience writing in scripting languages (Python, Shell Scripting).
- Experience with version control (e.g. Git).
- Familiarity with any database technology (e.g. MySQL, Cassandra, Spark, CouchDB).
- Experience with project management software (e.g. Jira).
- Proficiency with multiple Operating Systems.
- Knowledge in rendering pipelines and writing high-performance graphics code.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, life assurance and travel insurance.
- Join a fast growing and exciting company with excellent growth opportunities.
- Working with a small, highly motivated team who are passionate to succeed.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Flexible working hours.
- Gym membership.
Apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posted on: 1 Sept 2017
Closing date: 1 Mar 2018