Software engineer (general)
- Implement and iterate on a variety of core engine systems and features.
- Review and analyse existing systems and iterate where needed.
- Debug, profile and optimise both engine and game code to ensure code is performant on a variety of hardware.
- Be a part of our scrum team, taking part in planning and standups.
- 3+ years commercial experience or large open source projects, including work in C++.
- Experience navigating, debugging, and implementing features into large, complex codebases.
- A solid understanding of mathematical principles relevant to game development.
- A strong knowledge of programming distributed networked systems with high throughput.
- Experience developing for a variety of Operating Systems.
- Experience with industry standard development tools, practices and methodologies (Git, CI, Scrum etc).
- Beneficial to have knowledge of any of the following areas: Game rendering, distributed systems, physics, animation, build systems, game scripting, tools.
- Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, group pension plan, life assurance and travel insurance.
- 30 days paid holiday.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Gym Membership.
Apply for role >
Or apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posted on: 1 Feb 2019
Closing date: 1 Jun 2019