Automaton is looking for a talented Rendering Engineer to join our engineering team who has a passion for the creation of state-of-the-art rendering techniques. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of new features, as well as extending and maintaining an existing codebase. Working as the sole Rendering Engineer you’ll liaise closely with both the art and design teams to help achieve the artistic vision being aimed for.
- Design and implement new rendering features and enhance pre-existing systems.
- Be responsible for the performance and optimisation of features on a variety of platforms.
- Be responsible for creating tools to assist with created features, and work with our art team to ensure they are intuitive to use.
- Debug, investigate, and maintain large, complex codebases.
- Be a part of our engineering scrum team, taking part in planning and daily standups.
- Assist in playthroughs and provide feedback on improvements that could be made.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Professional experience with one or more shipped titles.
- Strong knowledge of one or more graphics/compute APIs (DX11, DX12, Vulkan).
- Strong C++ and multi-threaded programming knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge of mathematical principles relevant for rendering algorithms.
- A decent knowledge of working with both Windows and Unix based operating systems.
- Self-motivated and able to dive into complex systems with quick results.
- Experience with version control (e.g. Git).
- Experience working as a part of an agile team.
- Willingness to relocate to Cambridge, UK.
- Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK as we do not currently support visa applicants.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, life assurance and travel insurance.
- Join a fast growing and exciting company with excellent growth opportunities.
- Working with a small, highly motivated team who are passionate to succeed.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Flexible working hours.
- Gym membership.
Apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posted on: 20 Jul 2018
Closing date: 1 Nov 2018