Automaton is seeking a QA Engineer to join an expanding AAA studio in 2017. This role will play an important part in enabling us to achieve our full vision for our current and upcoming games. You will be responsible for QA processes within both the software development cycle and playtests.
- Create, implement and manage efficient testing processes.
- Play test new updates and content to identify, document and report bugs.
- Listen to community feedback and ensure all reported bugs are tested and acknowledged.
- Take ownership of bugs ensuring they're correctly tracked and prioritized, and following them through from discovery to being pushed to live.
- Provide actionable feedback, communicating how effectively a change does or doesn't accomplish a specific goal.
- Actively participate in daily stand-ups to relay the current QA status.
- Able to manage his / her own time effectively to evaluate and prioritize daily tasks.
- Have a positive attitude, good people skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment.
- Pro-actively seek out issues, stay focused on initiatives that make the difference to players in and out of the game.
- Strong organizational, analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and an eye for details others don't always see.
- Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK as we do not currently support visa applicants.
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Strong technical ability– ability to troubleshoot effectively in a technical/PC/Gamer support environment.
- Game / Web / Software QA and / or development experience.
- A comprehensive understanding of game design systems, interactions and dynamics.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, life assurance and travel insurance.
- Join a fast growing and exciting company with excellent growth opportunities.
- Working with a small, highly motivated team who are passionate to succeed.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Flexible working hours.
- Gym membership.
Apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posted on: 1 Sept 2017
Closing date: 1 Mar 2018