Automaton is seeking a QA Analyst to join our expanding AAA studio in 2018. This role will play an important part in enabling us to achieve our full vision for our current and upcoming games. Along with being responsible for testing new gameplay and features, you will also be interacting with our community to ensure the satisfaction of our players and communicate feedback or any issues they raise with the rest of our development team.
We're a young team of highly-qualified computer scientists and designers, and as part of the larger Cambridge Ventures group, we also collaborate with a variety of established games development teams. We're committed to understanding what gamers really want and delivering outstanding experiences to revolutionise multiplayer gaming.
- Working closely and effectively as a team with our existing QA department to test our games and new content/features for bugs, and recording and tracking these in our databases.
- Take ownership of submitted bugs, ensuring they're correctly tracked and prioritised, and following them through from discovery to testing the fix and it being pushed to live.
- Moderating game forums and other social media channels to help ensure a consistent message and a high level of player engagement.
- Respond to any customer issues or queries and ensure a positive experience for our players.
- Brainstorm, organise, and run community events to engage our player base.
- Investigate bugs and feedback provided by the community and ensure appropriate action is taken.
- A passion for gaming and innovation.
- A strong team player who lives on the internet.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Willingness to take on new challenges in a fast-paced environment.
- A comprehensive understanding of game design systems, interactions and dynamics.
- Ability to manage your personal time effectively to evaluate and prioritise daily tasks.
- A meticulous attention to detail and a keen eye for details others don't always see.
- Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK as we do not currently support visa applicants.
- Experience moderating large online communities.
- Game testing or development experience (either professional or beta testing).
- A degree in a games related course.
- An understanding of game design pipelines and agile workflows.
- Familiarity with our company and its aims.
- Experience in JIRA or similar issue tracking software.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, life assurance and travel insurance.
- Join a fast growing and exciting company with excellent growth opportunities.
- Working with a small, highly motivated team who are passionate to succeed.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Flexible working hours.
- Gym membership.
Apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posted on: 27 Mar 2018
Closing date: 1 June 2018