- Design & create compelling & memorable gameplay experiences, blending core game mechanics in varied and exciting ways, within both choreographed gameplay levels and the natural environment.
- Design and create a large scale gameworld based around features that consider natural environment biomes and gameplay vignettes.
- Full ownership of your level designs; from paper design through to greybox and iteration.
- Create well presented level design documentation to communicate designs to team members.
- Collaborate with level artists to ensure that playability and graphic elements support each other.
- Ensure the level design fits within the overall design direction & intended audience of the game.
- Utilise feedback, user test results & telemetry data to improve designs.
- Ensure technical constraints of the game are taken into account when designing levels.
- Ability to design original and interesting game levels utilizing 3D tools (UnrealEd, Maya, 3DMax, etc).
- At least 1 successfully shipped game in level design roles. Console/PC experience is an advantage.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to work well within a multidisciplinary team.
- Self-motivation with the ability to prioritize and deliver high quality levels on schedule and with minimal supervision.
- Interest in multiplayer shooters and experience with Cryengine are beneficial.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, group pension plan, life assurance and travel insurance.
- 30 days paid holiday.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Gym Membership.
Apply for role >
Apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Area: Art and Design
Posted on: 1 Feb 2019
Closing date: 1 Jun 2019