Automaton is seeking an Environment Artist to play a key role in creating innovative, technically excellent artistic content to ensure only the best experiences get into our players' hands. You will not only need good attention to detail for your work, but also a strong eye and understanding of both real-world architecture and fantasy based environments. This is a unique opportunity to join a young, fast-growing company in the games industry committed to shaping the future of great gaming.
- Create, iterate and polish beautiful AAA 3D environments through efficient modelling and texturing.
- Ensure artistic style is consistent with the visual style of the games you are working on.
- Help maintain a balance of art quality versus performance in the game engine.
- Be proactive in seeking feedback and pushing yourself creatively.
- Contribute to helping improve the workflow of the graphics production pipeline.
- Give and receive constructive and creative feedback across art disciplines.
- Work within the development team to resolve technical aesthetic issues.
- Optimise environment content to the highest standard.
- Recognise areas of opportunity and help others create AAA-standard work.
- Game industry experience preferred, minimum of one year. Skills and experience of delivery throughout all areas of the development cycle is a must.
- Education: you either developed your art skills and strong portfolio through on-the-job/hobbyist experience, or through your recently obtained degree.
- You are an expert in one or more of the following industry standard tools: 3D Studio Max, Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush and/or Mudbox.
- You have a creative nature with strong problem solving skills.
- Your ability to multi-task and prioritize work appropriately demonstrates your efficiency without compromising on quality.
- You are a gamer who is passionate about video games, and aspire to create worlds and environments that meet your own high expectations that you will enjoy to play.
- Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK as we do not currently support visa applicants.
- Strong technical background with the ability to work in an agile environment and grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Experience in game engine environment setup (lighting, time of day, fog/skyboxes, palette control, and post process effects).
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, life assurance and travel insurance.
- Join a fast growing and exciting company with excellent growth opportunities.
- Working with a small, highly motivated team who are passionate to succeed.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Flexible working hours.
- Gym membership.
Apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Area: Art and Design
Posted on: 1 Sept 2017
Closing date: 1 Mar 2018