Automaton is looking for a talented Environment Artist to join their Art Team on an unannounced next-generation fantasy game. In this role, you will be required to work within a small, motivated team to construct fantasy style game environments based on approved concept art and direction.
- Create assets using both hard and soft surface 3D modelling techniques.
- Create fantasy-styled, interior and exterior environments.
- Create both architectural and organic structures.
- Hand-painted and PBR quality texturing.
- UV complex objects efficiently.
- Game development experience on at least one shipped game.
- Proficient in Photoshop and 3DS Max.
- Deliver work to a high level of quality within fixed time constraints.
- Show enthusiasm, drive and the ability to learn new processes.
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy but are also comfortable receiving and offering feedback.
- Strong communication skills and ability to take clear direction.
- You have a passion for video games.
- Have experience creating 2D environment concept paints or sketches.
- A knowledge of different architectural styles.
- Able to show at least one fantasy styled environment created within strict performance budgets.
- Experience using Unity.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, group pension plan, life assurance and travel insurance.
- 30 days paid holiday.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Gym Membership.
Please note: Applications submitted without portfolio will not be considered.
Apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Area: Art and Design
Posted on: 1 Aug 2018
Closing date: 1 Nov 2018