Automaton is looking for a talented Concept Artist to join our core creative team. Through your concepts you will be defining the mood and tone of current and future games developed by the studio. We are looking for individuals with a healthy disregard for constraints and who aren't afraid to experiment with the new and up and coming. Come and work with a high calibre, motivated team to shape the future of great gaming!
- Create key concept art for character, skins, UI, props and environments.
- Work with the Lead Artist to create a vision for our creative projects across the team and champion an idea from concept to completion.
- Collaborate with art, design and animation teams to deliver AAA standard work that meets the highest visual quality and gameplay standards.
- Ability to quickly render imaginative concepts from verbal and written direction.
- Ability to produce stylised, hand-painted fantasy concepts with supporting texture sets.
- Have a passion and good knowledge for industrial design, architecture, culture and graphic design.
- Superior eye for light, value, composition, color, staging, and detail in environmental design.
- A thorough understanding of human anatomy, poses and expressions.
- Experienced in industry standard 2D & 3D software, such as Photoshop and Maya/Max.
- Ability to conceptualize in both 2D and 3D.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work appropriately demonstrating your efficiency without compromising on quality.
- Excellent communication skills who both gives constructive feedback and are open to it in return.
- Ability to present, discuss and critique your own work.
- A passion for games and an aspiration to create aesthetically pleasing artwork that our team can bring to life.
- A self-driven, passionate, and creative problem solver with a great team orientated attitude.
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to architecture, landscape painting, and illustration.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, group pension plan, life assurance and travel insurance.
- 30 days paid holiday.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Gym Membership.
Please note: Applications submitted without portfolio will not be considered.
Apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Area: Art and Design
Posted on: 1 Dec 2017
Closing date: 1 June 2018