Automaton is seeking a Character Artist to play a key role in creating innovative, technically excellent artistic content to ensure only the best experiences get into our players' hands. This is a unique opportunity to join a young, fast-growing company in the games industry committed to shaping the future of great gaming.
- Create, iterate and polish AAA 3D characters and props through efficient modelling and texturing.
- Ensure artistic style is consistent throughout all the games you are working on.
- Be proactive in seeking feedback and pushing yourself creatively.
- Contribute to helping improve the workflow of the graphics production pipeline.
- Give and receive constructive and creative feedback across art disciplines.
- Work within the development team to resolve technical aesthetic issues.
- Optimise poly count of characters and props while keeping quality to be of the highest standard.
- Recognise areas of opportunity and help others create AAA-standard work.
- Education: you either developed your art skills and strong portfolio through on-the-job/hobbyist experience, or through your recently obtained degree.
- You are an expert in one or more of the following industry standard tools: 3D Studio Max, Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush.
- You have a strong understanding of anatomy, form, UV and topology.
- You have a creative nature with strong problem solving skills.
- Your ability to multi-task and prioritize work appropriately demonstrates your efficiency without compromising on quality.
- You are a gamer who is passionate about video games, and aspire to create games that meet your own high expectations that you will enjoy to play.
- Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK as we do not currently support visa applicants.
- Game industry experience preferred but not necessary, however skills and experience of delivery throughout all areas of the development cycle is a huge plus.
- Strong technical background with the ability to work in an agile environment and grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Experience working directly with animators/technical artists.
- Experience working with CryEngine.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, life assurance and travel insurance.
- Join a fast growing and exciting company with excellent growth opportunities.
- Working with a small, highly motivated team who are passionate to succeed.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Flexible working hours.
- Gym membership.
Apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Area: Art and Design
Posted on: 1 Sept 2017
Closing date: 1 Mar 2018