Rigger & Animator
Automaton is seeking a Rigger / Animator to join our Animation team and become a part of the driving force that plans to smash the games industry in 2018. The applicant's primary skills should lie in character animation as you will be expected to use those skills to animate a vast array of characters, from bipeds to quadrupeds. As a Character Rigger, you’ll also be responsible for the creation of character rigs as you work with a small team of animators to help bring our games to life. We are looking for individuals with a healthy disregard for constraints, who aren't afraid to experiment with the new and up and coming. Come and work with a high caliber, motivated team to shape the future of great gaming.
- Create, iterate and polish AAA-level, game-ready Character Rigs of a multitude of different character and creature types in Autodesk Maya.
- Create smooth and responsive animations that feel good to the player on a wide variety of characters and styles.
- Import and test Character Rigs and Animations in the game engine itself.
- Contribute to helping improve the workflow of the animation production pipeline.
- Give and receive constructive and creative feedback across art disciplines.
- Work with the development team to resolve technical issues with animations.
- Participate in game playthroughs reporting issues and providing feedback.
- Recognise areas of opportunity and help others create AAA-standard work.
- Education: you either developed your art skills and strong portfolio through on-the-job experience or through an Animation degree.
- Strong knowledge of Autodesk Maya especially with the character rigging and animation tools it provides.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work appropriately, demonstrating your efficiency without compromising on quality.
- Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK.
- Game industry experience preferred but not necessary. Skills and experience of delivery throughout all areas of the development cycle is a huge plus.
- Strong technical background with the ability to work in an agile environment and grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- You are a gamer who is passionate about video games, and aspire to create games that meet your own high expectations that you will enjoy to play.
- Experience with CryEngine.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, group pension plan, life assurance and travel insurance.
- Join a fast growing and exciting company with excellent growth opportunities.
- Working with a small, highly motivated team who are passionate to succeed.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Flexible working hours.
- Gym Membership.
Apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Area: Art and Design
Posted on: 1 Jan 2018
Closing date: 1 Apr 2018